Apple Airport Express 2nd generation
Unboxing
Setup
Before I got this Router, I had a DLink DIR-300 which served me since 2007. For the past 5 years, I didn't believe that it was necessary to invest in an expensive router, I thought they all had the same function, they are routers, so why not to go for the cheapest?
That's what I did, the DIR-300 was really cheap at that time (25$ new).
So what made me change it?
It was old and for some reason my internet connection was resetting once a day for no reason, besides it didn't have the 802.11 n protocol for a wider Internet connection.
So, at the time when I was looking for a new Router, I had changed my system to Mac and I was getting interested in their Quality Product, and after studying the Routers they had, I finally decided to get the cheapest which was the newest in their line of Routers.
The Time Capsule was over priced, I have an external back up HDD from WD, so I didn't need the Time Capsule, and I didn't get the Airport Extreme because I thought that Airplay function for music on the Airport Express was really cool, I mean instead of connecting my iPhone using the 3.5mm headphone jack, I could do it wirelessly with the Airplay, and that's only the main reason why I got the Airport express.
It's a good Router, don't get me wrong, I never had any connection issues since I got it (7 months ago), besides you don't have to access the settings with your web browser, there is an app for that the Airport utility in the AppStore.
besides it's not that expensive, maybe you can find something that has a better features at this price range but I guarantee you won't find a similar Quality product and I am sure it will serve me a couple of years to come.
bottom line: It's a good Router for home use, The Airplay for Music is an awesome feature.
No comments:
Post a Comment